Our specialties include:
- Installation of hardwood, engineered, floating, pre-finished, eco-friendly and laminate floors.
- Sanding and refinishing pre-existing hardwood floors.
- Installation of custom designs, patterns, borders, inlays and more.
- Repairs of damaged hardwood floors, including creak-reduction and patchwork.
- Use of the best stains, including options for custom stain colors.
- Removal of carpet, tile and old hardwood floors.
- For more detailed information about Waz Flooring services, please see the services tab.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Harwood floors are stylish and alluring, and proper maintenance is vital to protecting this great investment in your home:
- Avoid any water damage or spills. If such spills occur, wipe them up immediately with a damp cloth and then dry the affected area with a dry cloth.
- Regularly sweep, vacuum or dust-mop your floors to reduce the need clean them using water. Your floors should be cleaned periodically, using a professional grade hardwood cleaning product. Murphy’s Oil Soap is acceptable, but make sure to minimize the amount of water you are using. If you use too much water or wet clean your floors too often, this can lead to your floor cracking, expanding, or splintering.
- Scratches can be minimized by using floor protectors on your furniture, not walking on the floors in high heels or shoes, and keeping your pets’ nails neatly trimmed.
- Use of a humidifier throughout the winter months minimizes gaps or cracks.
- Maintaining roughly the same temperature in your home throughout the entire year will also help maximize the quality of your floors.
Why Hardwood Floors?
- Hardwood floors are a great investment that instantly adds value to your home. According to the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA), 90% of real estate agents said houses with hardwood floors tend to sell faster and with higher prices than those without.
- Hardwood floors have outstanding insulating properties, saving homeowners on their utility bills.
- Hardwood floors are durable and if properly maintained, long lasting.
- Hardwood flooring does not collect nearly the same amount of dust or allergens as other flooring options such as carpet.