Our specialties include:
- Installation of hardwood, engineered, floating, pre-finished, eco-friendly and laminate floors.
- Sanding and refinishing pre-existing hardwood floors.
- Installation of custom designs, patterns, borders, inlays and more.
- Repairs of damaged hardwood floors, including creak-reduction and patchwork.
- Use of the best stains, including options for custom stain colors.
- Removal of carpet, tile and old hardwood floors.
- For more detailed information about Waz Flooring services, please see the services tab.
We are fully bonded and insured, assuring all our greater Chicagoland area customers courteous work and beautiful floors.
- Hardwood: These solid wood floors are unfinished and need to be installed and sanded in your home. Upon installing the hardwood floors in your home, Waz Flooring then stains them and includes three coats of quality finish.
- Engineered: The inner core layers of this wood are made up of a woodchip composite type of material. A top thicker hardwood veneer wear layer is then glued and pressed on the top surface of the core. This pre-finished floor (already sanded and stained) can then be directly glued on dry concrete slabs or stapled down over a wooden subfloor.
- Floating: This type of floor does not need to be attached to a subfloor or underlayment. It simply snaps or glues together. The most common floating floor type is laminate (see below).
- Pre-finished: This is solid wood flooring that has already been sanded, stained and sealed. No sanding takes place in your home, but the seams between the floorboards are not sealed over because the floor is already prefinished. The wood is durable, however if any damage occurs the entire floor board usually needs to be replaced.
- Eco-friendly: The most common type of eco-friendly “hardwood floor” is Bamboo. It looks exactly like real hardwood flooring; however, Bamboo is a grass, not wood. It is durable (due to the adhesives used during its manufacturing process) and often cheaper than other flooring options. It can be installed as a nail-down, floating or glue-down floor.
- Laminate: Laminate floors are not real wood floors. The floor core is wood composite covered simply with a surface paper layer photograph of wood grain. It is a very affordable option, but it is not real hardwood.
Sanding, Buffing & Refinishing:
If you have old, damaged, or simply do not like the stain on your current hardwood floor, sanding and refinishing is a great alternative to new installation. It is more affordable, and the results will amaze you. Hardwood floors can be sanded an average of 4 times over their lifetime. This makes your floors look like new, and helps maintain their quality. During the sanding and refinishing process, our Waz Flooring team can also reduce creaks in the floor and fill any gaps that have formed throughout time.
Over time, hardwood floors experience normal wear and tear. Your floor may experience scratches, stains, creaks, gaps or other damage. A lot of these problems can be easily repaired and the Waz Flooring team can help your floor regain its beauty.
Wood floor medallions, inlays and borders are available to all our greater Chicagoland area customers. Most come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and our Waz Flooring team can work with you to find what is best for you and your floor.